Vacancy: Cyber Security Analyst Job in London
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London Blackfriars
Cyberseer – The Advanced Threat Detection Specialists
Cyberseer excel in advanced threat detection by leveraging cutting edge technologies, forensic investigation and analytics. Our security solutions alongside our managed service provides organisations with a flexible and intelligent capability that detects both external and internal cyber threats.
Join our rapidly expanding company as we deliver advanced threat detection services to a broad spectrum of clients, predominantly FTSE100 businesses and global enterprises. This is a great opportunity for an information security professional looking for long term progression within a rapidly growing cyber intelligence team.
The Cyber Security Analyst is a technical role in which the individual will be required to investigate potential intrusions and security events, and have the ability to communicate relevant findings to our clients.
The analyst will be expected to proactively monitor a broad range of client assets and environments using our advanced security tools. Identifying, analysing and alerting our client’s to existing and emerging threat actors, the following will be the main focus of the role:
- Perform detailed network analysis to identify potential threat actors.
- Collate threat analysis and interpretation into analytically concise incident and threat reports.
- Communicate threat intelligence and the severity of threat to our clients.
- Keep up to date on emerging threats.
Training for the specific tools and software used by Cyberseer will be provided.
This position requires a detail oriented, critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems. The candidate should be able to analyse large data-sets to detect underlying patterns and identify cyber-attacks, malware, and threat actors, determining potential impact and develop re-mediation guidance. This role requires:
- Knowledge of current and emerging advanced cyber threats, attack and evasion techniques, command and control infrastructures and insider threat behaviour.
- Understanding of typical malware functionality and capabilities.
- Understanding of the tools and techniques used by SOC and Incident Response teams.
- Forensic experience with full network packet capture tools and understanding of common network protocols.
- Familiarity with typical security technologies i.e. Firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS (snort, bro), SIEM, DLP, endpoint solutions, access control.
- An understanding of large scale networking technologies.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux network environments.
- Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, BASH) desirable.
It is crucial the applicant can demonstrate knowledge of the cyber domain. For example, the candidate should be able to discuss concepts such as, network security, firewalls or network
intrusion detection systems, malware and internet protocols in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills required in order to communicate findings and threat status clearly to clients at all levels of seniority.
- A self-starter capable of working in a team as well as independently.
- A desire to learn.
- British citizen.
Apply now by sending your CV and covering email to: [email protected]
No Recruitment Agencies please.