VACANCY: SOC MANAGER / LEAD CYBER THREAT ANALYST JOB IN LONDON
EDUCATION LEVEL: BACHELOR’S DEGREE OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL TIME
LOCATION: LONDON MONUMENT
Cyberseer – The Advanced Threat Detection Specialists
Cyberseer excels in advanced threat detection by leveraging cutting-edge technologies, forensic analysis and investigation. Our security solutions alongside our managed service provides organisations with a flexible and intelligent capability that detects both existing and emerging, external and internal cyber threats.
Join our fast expanding company as we deliver advanced threat detection capabilities to a broad spectrum of FTSE 100 and global enterprise clients across multiple industry verticals.
Cyberseer is seeking a Senior Analyst to lead its specialist SOC team.
The Lead Cyber Threat Analyst is a technical role in which the individual will be required to investigate potential threats and intrusions using detailed analysis and have the ability to communicate relevant findings to our clients at both a business and technical level.
The Lead Analyst will be expected to proactively monitor client environments using our advanced security tools, and provide leadership to the analyst team. The following will be the main focus of the role:
- Monitor, investigate and report potential cyber threats.
- Communicate and escalate threats to clients, providing support and guidance where needed.
- Interpret and collate threat analysis into an analytically concise incident and threat reports.
- Maintain and improve the Advanced Threat Detection Service offering to ensure a continued high level of service is delivered.
- Provide pre-sales support for Cyberseer’s advanced threat protection solutions.
Training on the specific tools and solutions will be provided by Cyberseer.
This position requires a detail-oriented, critical thinker who can anticipate issues and solve problems. You should be able to analyse large data-sets to detect underlying patterns and identify cyber-attacks, malware, and threat actors, determining potential impact and develop remediation guidance.
This role requires:
- Knowledge of current and emerging advanced cyber threats, attack and evasion techniques, command and control infrastructures and insider threat behaviour.
- Understanding of typical malware functionality and capabilities.
- Understanding of the tools and techniques used by SOC and Incident Response teams.
- Forensic experience with full network packet capture tools and understanding of common network protocols.
- Experience with typical security technologies i.e. Firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS (snort, bro), SIEM, DLP, endpoint solutions, access control.
- Solid understanding of large-scale networking technologies.
- Solid troubleshooting skills – Windows, Linux and network environments.
- Knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Python, BASH).
- Experience working with REST API’s.
- SANS GIAC or similar certification would be beneficial but not required.
The role will also involve non-analyst responsibilities, mainly focusing on the following:
- Product demonstration, presentation and assisting the commercial team.
- Managing and mentoring staff within the analyst team.
- Acting as a point of contact for customers and vendors.
- Identify service improvement and product development opportunities.
- Produce material for blog posts/whitepapers.
It is crucial the applicant can demonstrate knowledge of the cyber domain. For example, the candidate should be able to discuss concepts such as network security, firewalls or network intrusion detection systems, malware and internet protocols in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities to conclusion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills, and an ability to communicate to clients at all levels of seniority.
- A self-starter capable of working in a team as well as independently.
- A desire to learn.
Apply now by sending your CV and covering email to [email protected]
No Recruitment Agencies, please.